Jobs @ NIH - Discover a Career at NIH: It's About Life
Career Transition Assistance Program
HHS Surplus or Displaced Employees Requesting Special Selection Priority Consideration
If you are currently a HHS employee who has received a Reduction in Force (RIF) separation notice or a Certification of Expected Separation (CES), you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the DHHS Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). To receive this priority consideration you must:
- Be a current HHS career or career-conditional (Tenure group I or II) competitive service employee who has received a RIF separation notice or a Certification of Expected Separation (CES) and, the date of the RIF separation has not passed and you are still on the rolls of HHS. You must submit a copy of the RIF separation notice or CES to the fax number on the vacancy announcement by the closing date of the announcement.
- Be applying for a position at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been separated. The position must not have a greater promotion potential than the position from which you were separated.
- Have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or equivalent. This must be submitted to the fax number on the vacancy announcement by the closing date of the announcement.
- Be currently employed by HHS in the same local commuting area of the position for which you are requesting priority consideration.
- File your application by the vacancy announcement closing date and meet all the application criteria (e.g., submit all required documentation, etc.)
- Be rated well-qualified for the position. Well-qualified employees are eligible displaced Federal employees who meet all education and experience requirements, applicable selective criteria factor(s) and receive a rating of 85 out of possible 100.
PLEASE STATE ON YOUR RESUME THE PROMOTION POTENTIAL LEVEL OF YOUR CURRENT OR MOST RECENT POSITION.
CTAP: If you are claiming CTAP, submit a copy of your Reduction in Force (RIF) Notice or other equivalent agency notification documenting your eligibility, a copy of your current (or last) performance rating of record, and a copy of your Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, or equivalent showing: the position, grade level and duty location of the position from which you were (or will be) separated, your full performance level or career ladder. You must submit this documentation by the closing date of this announcement. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP eligible.