Jobs @ NIH - Discover a Career at NIH: It's About Life
Global Recruitment: Recruiting for all of NIH!
Save time by applying to our global recruitment announcements within the NIH community! Applying to these announcements allows you to be considered for multiple positions within the NIH.
NIH Pathways Internship Program
The NIH Pathways Internship Program will give students the opportunity to join NIH in positions that emphasize long-term training and development while pursuing their educational goals.
- At least 16 years of age;
- U.S. citizen, national or legal permanent resident. Non-citizens may apply;
- Enrolled at least half-time in a degree seeking program;
- Must be enrolled or plan on enrolling in the current or upcoming semester; and
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA 3.0 or above)
The following announcements will be open From November 18, 2013 through December 18, 2013:
- NIH Intern (Program Support Assistant)/GS–1,2,3,4, 5, 6, 7
Please visit www.usajobs.gov for information about applying for this opportunity.
Please view the NIH Recruitment Calendar for upcoming career fairs or hiring events.
GENERAL TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCES
NIH Interns must complete at least 640 hours of career-related work experience before the completion of or concurrently with their course requirements. Agencies may waive up to 320 of the required 640 hours of work for Interns who demonstrate high potential as evidenced by outstanding academic achievement and exceptional job performance.
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION
Interns may be converted non-competitively to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, to a term position lasting 1-4 years) within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion, Interns must:
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Successfully complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the NIH Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and
- Perform their job successfully.
SCIENTIFIC & MEDICAL POSITIONS
The Global Recruitment Unit is extremely excited to announce the opening of the Health Scientist Administrator global recruitments! The announcements will be open from December 6, 2013 – December 10, 2013. These announcements will be open to internal candidates within NIH who have competitive status in the federal government. Provided below are the links to each announcement:
- SUPERVISORY HEALTH SCIENTIST ADMINISTRATOR- PROGRAM OFFICER
- NON-SUPERVISORY HEALTH SCIENTIST ADMINISTRATOR- PROGRAM OFFICER
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Nick West at 301-594-4570 or by email at email@example.com