Jobs @ NIH - Discover a Career at NIH: It's About Life
Resources for Recent Graduates
Whether you are a recent high school or college graduate, take a closer look at how the National Institutes of Health (NIH) can help you make the most out of your education. The NIH offers a place where you can develop new skills and take what you have learned to the next level. Flexibility and balance between work and life is a key component to working at NIH. Explore the possibilities at the NIH.
Recent Graduate Opportunities
Entry level professional positions are at the GS-5/7 level for an undergraduate degree, the GS-9 for a Master's, or GS-11 for a PhD. If you are a recent graduate and/or still pursuing your education, below are some resources to jump start your career.
- Majority of NIH Jobs are advertised through USAJOBS - http://nih.usajobs.gov/ . Each job advertised at NIH has different requirements. Please check the vacancy to see the specific requirements for a position.
- Individual Institutes and Centers at NIH recruitment sites
- Student Research and Training Opportunities - Opportunities for high school, college/university, post baccalaureate, graduate school, medical/dental school, and internships.
- Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- Pathways for Students and Recent Graduates