Jobs @ NIH - Discover a Career at NIH: It's About Life
Pathways Internship Program
The Pathways Internship Program will give students the opportunity to join NIH in career positions that emphasize long-term training and development.
- At least 16 years of age;
- U.S. citizen, national or legal permanent resident. Non-citizens may apply;
- Enrolled at least half-time in a degree seeking program;
- Must be enrolled or plan on enrolling in the current or upcoming semester; and
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA 3.0 or above)
The following announcements are open from November 18, 2013 through December 18, 2013
- NIH Intern (Program Support Assistant) - GS- 1,2,3,4
- NIH Intern (Program Support Assistant) - GS- 5,6,7
HOW TO APPLY
NIH is in the process of evaluating our Pathways recruitment strategy and identifying our 2013 recruitment requirements. We have closed our current job advertisement and will launch a new one in the near future. Please return to this website for future updates.
General Training & Development Experiences
Must complete at least 640 hours of career-related work before completion of or concurrently with the course requirements. Agencies may waive up to 320 of the required 640 hours of work for Interns who demonstrate high potential as evidenced by outstanding academic achievement and exceptional job performance.
After Program Completion
Interns may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, to a term position lasting 1-4 years) within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion, Interns must:
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and
- Perform their job successfully.