Jobs @ NIH - Discover a Career at NIH: It's About Life
Pathways Recent Graduates Program
The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs.
- U.S. citizen, national or legal permanent resident. Non-citizens may apply;
- Must be U.S. citizen prior to conversion to competitive appointment;
- Must have completed, within the previous 2 years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying institution; and,
- Must have obtained a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please check back for future vacancies.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit USAJOBS to submit your application, resume, transcript, and Veteran and Schedule A documentation (if applicable).
General Training & Development Experiences
Recent Graduates must complete at least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program. They must also be put on Individual Development Plans to create and track career planning, professional development, and training advancement. Mentorship will be provided throughout the Program.
After Program Completion
Recent Graduates may be converted to either a term or permanent, career or career-conditional employee in the competitive service upon conversion at the end of the one year service requirement.
To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must:
- Completed all requirements of the Recent Graduates Program successfully;
- Demonstrated successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program; and,
- Met the OPM qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduates will be converted.