Jobs @ NIH - Discover a Career at NIH: It's About Life
Useful Links for Veterans
Job Listings For Veterans
- NIH on USAJobs lists current employment opportunities at NIH (click search without entering text to see all jobs currently available at NIH).
- USAJobs lists all current federal employment opportunities and has a federal resume builder.
- Hero2Hired and Transition Assistance Online provide lists of job openings or career recommendations, based on your military job specialty.
- Mil2FedJobs (Military to Federal Jobs Crosswalk) translates military occupations to federal jobs and vice versa. This site is maintained by the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation (DLLR).
- O*net (Occupational Information Network) provides information about many different occupations, including required skills and abilities, typical work activities, and the national average wages. They host military specific information at My Next Move .
- Feds Hire Vets is federal government’s primary source for veteran employment information. It provides in depth information about federal employment. Produced by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
- VetGuide provides information about veterans’ preference and special hiring authorities for veterans. Produced by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
- CareerOneStop has information about transitioning from military to civilian jobs. Sponsored by the US Department of Labor (DOL).
- VetSuccess provides a variety of resources for veterans. Hosted by the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- NIH Federal Resume Tips
- Most Effective Resumes advice from USA Jobs.
- The Federal Resume Guide provides information about USA Jobs, federal employment, and specific guidance on how to create a federal resume with resume samples. Presented by the National Archives and Records Administration.
- Resume Best Practices prepared exclusively for veterans by RecruitMilitary.
- Translating Military Experience to Civilian Employment , part of the Real Warriors website. Sponsored by the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Military Skills Translator allows you to find civilian terms to describe your military experience. Created by Military.com and Monster. The resources above that translate military occupations to federal jobs can also be useful in helping you to describe your military skills using civilian terminology.
- Military Crosswalk Search provides a list of skills for each Military Occupational Classification. Part of O*net.
- Skills Profiler helps you to create a list of skills and match them to jobs types that use those skills. Part of CareerOneStop.
- What Can I Apply For? NIH provides information to help applicants navigate the federal hiring system. Includes videos about a variety of job fields.
- Transition Assistance Program Manual from the US Department of Labor (DOL).
- US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is the central human resources agency for the federal government. This site has information about federal benefits, including retirement benefits, health insurance, and leave.
- Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services
- DC Mayor's Office of Veterans Affairs
In This Section
This page last reviewed on June 19, 2014